Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

I just returned from the Thanksgiving Meal the Mission 87 Kids hosted for their parents. They made some really nice Turkey centerpieces for the table. They also chose the menu which consisted of Turkey Hot Dogs, the buns were the dressing, salad, baked beans and a nice well rounded (lol) middle of the menu with rootbeer floats as the drink. It was so much fun to see them be so proud of what they had accomplished, they were just beaming.

I've become very active in the church, which Mission 87 is an off shoot. Tuesday is my day to bring their meal, snack and drink. It was an honor to be a part of providing some of the food for today. The Mission Pastor and his wife do so much for the children and I love being allowed to help. So for 2 days a week the kids have a safe place to come after school.

Tomorrow morning I get to go have lunch with my 10 year old grandson at his school.
I love it that I can do all these things and I know it is the Lords work. His guidance is what my life needs. Through him I can help others and keep myself busy too.

Are you all going to Grandma's for Thanksgiving?????? Or do you have the pleasure of hosting this wonderful meal. My son has always done Thanksgiving and he is again this year. I'll bake a few frozen pies to take to his house. But first, my daughter and I will be going to have Thanksgiving with her son, they allow him to have family only, but at least we will get to see him.

I take this time to ask you to pray for my grandson. Shooting car windows out with an air gun got that 16 year old in to more trouble than he bargained for. This is all just the right thing for him at this time in his life, the Good Lord doesn't make mistakes. I haven't gotten to see him yet so I am really excited about this meal on Thursday.

May your turkey be moist and your blessings be many as we enter in to this Thanksgiving Holiday. Have a Happy Long Weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun thing for the kids to do. I bet the parents loved that the kids hosted it themselves.

    I cooked Thanksgiving this year and I can tell you, it is a lot of work

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete